Monday, June 30, 2008

How Social Media has changed my life

I was using Social Media for a year now but was not very active on that. Lately, I have become addicted to it and have learnt quite a few tools and trends around it and have realized that my non working hours are being utilized differently and like any other change in life, it is influencing me big time.

Professionally:
a) I am able to get in touch with the biggies of the industry with whom it was unimaginable to say even hello otherwise forget about the discussions that I have with them on regular basis.
b) I am able to give a direction to my career by interacting and learning from the veterans of the industry with whom it was impossible to even meet in normal course of life.
c) I am able to compare trends of industry country by country without buying any expensive reports – thanks to my friends having my kind of role in different countries. I am able to talk to them, know about their existence and vice versa – thanks to Social Media
d) The bar for me continuously keep on rising as I am able to see the work of veterans in the industry and precisely know that I have miles and miles to go before I sleep :)

Personally:
a) I have been able to get in touch with those friends back with whom I have lost touch somehow but they were close to me
b) I am in touch with all my cousins on a regular basis and know all that’s happening in family and matters to me without making any effort of phone calls and writing emails.

Financially:
a) I have been able to learn so much about personal finance management and mutual funds from certain Yahoo! Groups that my entire perspective about money has been changed. I have become more aware about money dynamics and have learnt investing money is more difficult than earning it.

2 comments:

Nischal Shetty said...

Social media seems to have changed everyone's life ;o) When put to the right use its the most powerful tool for interacting with anyone in any part of the world.

Shefali Gaur said...

You bet!

I could not even think of connecting with people like Michael Dell, Guy Kawasaki etc in absence of Social Media. It truly rocks!!

Shefali

Original design by andrastudio Blogger port by Blogger Templates

Powered by Blogger